Old 21-10-2010, 04:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Christine Christine is offline

Default Overwintering mini roses?

On Sep 29, 9:35*am, princewest13
wrote:
I just got a potted miniature rose as a gift and am wondering if this is
something I could plant outdoors. I will probably try anyway over the
summer but wanted to know if you have any tips to help better it's
chances of survival.

--
princewest13

Hi!

My mini roses are four years old, at least. My husband bought them for
me as a Valentine's Day gift. When I did some research on them, I
found that they often don't last long because people don't know how to
care for them. I have transferred mine to larger and larger pots over
the years. They seem to need lots of water. There are also times when
it seems like they're going to die, but if you keep nurturing them,
they bounce back.