Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Bob A

Default plecos eating cabomba

I've been working toward getting my 55g heavily planted for a while now. At
the moment I have cabomba and a sword, both were doing very well, but a week
or so ago the cabomba stems were becoming almost bare. I suspected someone
was eating them, and I have seen at least one of my two plecostomus
hypostomus fish apparantly doing so.

I have been feeding with sinking wafers which they seem to enjoy. Nothing
has changed that I know of. Any ideas why they suddenly are eating the
cabomba? And does this mean they will be eating other plants I buy?

thanks,

bob