Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
LeighMo

Default Nymphaea bud?

I think one of my Nymphaea daubenyana is trying to flower. In the center of
the plant is what looks like a bud. It's much larger and thicker than new
leaves are, and is white/pink/green instead of red. The stalk is only 2" high
or so.

I'm kind of surprised that this plant is budding (if that's what this is),
because it's never reached the surface of the water. It's small, as lilies go,
and hasn't even come close to reaching the top of the tank so far.

Does this plant ever flower underwater? If it can't reach the surface, will it
just fail to bloom?

Leigh