Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
cindy

Default CO2 yeast injector- how control pH?

I am planning to make a CO2 generator for my 38 gallon tank. I
already have a CO2 reactor (I've been using the bioplast CO2 tablets)
and am hoping I can rig something up from the generator to the
reactor.

2 questions:
1. I have skunk loach that keeps hanging around the reactor. He
often swims in it. If it is filled with CO2 - can this harm him?

2. Should I worry about the pH changing quickly? I can monitor this
with test strips for the first few days - but how can I adjust the
amount of CO2 going into the reactor (use less sugar? or put in a
purge valve?).

okay, a third question,

I don't have anything that sprays or blows against reactor - the CO2
just site there for several hours and slowly goes into solution ....is
this okay?

TIA,