Old 20-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Bruce Geist

Default UG filters

LOL. Very, very funy. Kush, you gotta good sense of humor-- Bruce Geist
kush wrote in message
What can I say except the entire world is wrong except for me? How dare

you
all question the vast warehouse of aquatic plantgrowing knowledge which is
kush, or attempt to tarnish my wondrous splendiferousness? Excuse me, I
have to go take my medications.

kush

wrote in message
m...
Dave Millman wrote in message

I'm with Leigh. I don't get root rot on any plants, stem or otherwise.

Stem
plants are seldom in the Flourite more than a month anyhow!

I researched UGF for planted tanks way back when I started mine.

George
Booth
had a great slide in one of his presentations: "This (lush) tank

dispells the
myth that plants can't grow with a UGF." Then he explained how he only

had to
break down the tank every 6 months to untangle the roots!

I decided UGF wasn't for me.

You can read my post on the APD of RFUG's using CPVC piping(Smaller
than regular PVC). These never get tangled, clogged and grow plants
excellent.
This style of UG also works very well with the finest of sands and
cost about 5-10$ for most any size tank.

But you don't need it, flourite+ peat and mulm does the trick much
better.
Regards,
Tom Barr