Old 25-11-2010, 05:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Student Research into the Gardening Lifestyles Future

In article ,
Dan L wrote:

What ways to you think young gardeners can be encouraged and educated
into the hobby/lifestyle?

In order to live, you must grow your own food when the worlds currencies
collapse.

There are 7 billion of us now and the U.K. imports 40% of its food. We
are projected to be 9 billion by 2050. You sound like a young lad who
may be here in 2050. Do you like to eat, regularly?

See a "Farm for a Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShCEKL-mQ8 .
It comes in 5 parts. The first 2 parts are about what we can do with
what we got. The last 3 parts are about where farming could go to secure
a steady food supply.

Don't rely on others, when you can rely on yourself.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude