Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default 150 planted tank..Need help with selecting hardware

"Bruce Geist" wrote

As for heating cable, I can only tell you that in my 135 gallon, I installed
a heating cable. It worked for a couple of weeks, and then quit. Of course
it was under waranty, but I did not want to break down the tank do get it
out for return.

Exactly the same experience here with my 90g. I ordered it via an on-line store.
It took time and effort to install it. It worked for a week or two. Now I wish I
never installed it because to remove it now is impossible unless I remove
everything from the tank. I would not recommend cable heating for another reason
as well: I like to fertilize with root tablets and I feel that increased water
circulation would dissolve the tablets quicker.

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com