Old 14-10-2010, 12:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi[_3_] ReelMcKoi[_3_] is offline

Default Offer of free help!

"~ jan" wrote in message

Chip Wood wrote:

I retired 4 years ago and thought much as you then. Wow, what am I
going to do to fill up all this free time?

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:02:18 EDT, Gary Woods
wrote:
I retired 8 years ago, and I think "How the Hell did I have time to go to
work?"

And I had to go back to work after being off for close to 19 years raising
kids and doing hobbies. I'm still wondering how other people do it,
especially the raising kids part with both parents having full time jobs?

I got help from my mother when my son was young. She baby-sat for free
and loved every minute of it. If she wasn't available I paid a friend
to watch him. No Daycare in those days where I lived. I had to work
for a few luxuries because the cost of living in NYC was so high.

Thankfully I have summers off, but the way my paycheck is going with no
raises, I'll be paying them to work. Having a self employed DH, and two
disabled young adult boys, my job covers their health insurance.

They should be able to get Medicaid and SSI checks.

Or I
should say my job offers those bennies, they pay for me, but I pay for my
family members. Ah well, who needs money?

All of us. ;-)

Btw, my youngest son, with the help of a government funded agency has his
first paying job, 2 hrs./day as he needed baby steps, but they're steps in
the right direction. ) ~ jan

Bless his heart, I hope he does well in the future. Many disabled
people do.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.