Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Cold, Cold, Cold

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:15:43 -0000, "'Mike'"

On 2010-12-07 09:31:02 +0000, Dave Hill
said:

Well, here in the Swansea area of South Wales, after a couple of balmy
days where the temp went up to the lower 40's f ( Thats around 6c for
those that can't cope with Fahranheit)
It is back down to 22f overnight and still there now at 9am.
We have had sheet ice covering the carpark and patches of black ice
all over the place.
I hate to think of my heating bill at the end of this.

It was -7C here last night and according to our milkman, a lower part of
the village was -8C at 7.30 this morning. It is absolutely bitter, not a
breath of wind, thank goodness and just the minimum of cloud cover.
--
Sacha

and have either of you, or anyone else come to that, thought about the birds
and their drinking/bathing water? Or only thought about yourselves?

Frost and ice all around here, but a pair of Starlings ad a flock of
Sparrows have all been down and had a drink and a bath

THINK BIRDS

Mike

My dad suggested putting some sugar in the water...
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk