Old 20-04-2003, 07:16 AM
Dustin

Default Lighting? Help a newbie?

Wow that is wonderful I was looking at your lighting charts, did you get
the blue/red lights from ahsupply as well? Which do you use?

Do you have any pictures of your 29gal?

Thank You!

"Jenya" wrote in message
Hi Dustin,

I also have 29g tank.
I have 2x55 fixture from ahsupply. I built my own hood for it.
http://home1.gte.net/res0xn9p/fishtankhood/index.html

Bulbs are wired up with switches that allow me to operate them

independatly

I understand what people mean when saying that some experience is

desirable
when going with high intensity lights.
I had an unbelievable explosion of algae shortly after I started using new
lights. At this moment I won over algae by letting fast growing plants to
grow wild. I have to do weeding out very often. Other plants are catching
up. Overall I am very happy with the tank right now and don't regret

having
two 55W bulbs. Besides being bright enough to grow pretty much any plants,
it allows me to mix bulbs with different colors to my likening
http://www.culbertfamily.com/jenya/aquarium/lights/

--
Jenya
Computers are useless. They can only give answers.-Pablo Picasso
"Dustin" wrote in message

I have a 29 gal, I want to plant it. Ive read alot of "The Krib" but am
still warry about building my own. Would this hood do the job, and if

so
is
it a fair price?

Thank You for your help in advance!