Old 20-04-2003, 07:16 AM
LeighMo

Default what do I miss?

I already added more KNO3 to the PMDD but I'll try more.
How much is too much?

See this article:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nitrate.htm

Basically, you want nitrate to be measurable. If nitrate is zero, you're not
adding enough KNO3.

I have measured and still do the Ph right before the lights come on and it
is 6.8. During the day and before the lights are out is 7. In the past I had
some Ph crash due to low Kh but little baking soda took care of it.

That sounds okay, though once your plants start growing well, you might find it
harder to maintain CO2 levels with DIY.

What plants would you suggest?

If you aren't having problems with algae, you don't have to change anything.
If algae does start to become a problem, add more stem plants like Hygrophila,
LImnophlia, Rotala, etc.

Leigh