Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
DiMa DiMa is offline

Default Help Pleae - flower identity

"Loosecanon" wrote in message
. au...

"DiMa" wrote in message

Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

"Loosecanon" wrote in message
. au...

"DiMa" wrote in message
Hi all,

This is my first post on here and would appreciate any advice as to
what type of flower this is.
Does anyone know what type of flower this is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ycesFlower.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...6/S6300292.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...6/S6300291.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...6/S6300290.jpg

The flower is only about 2-1/2 inches long and creamy white.
It has 3 little stamens, each with black tips but one of them has three
tiny
white 'orchid shaped petals' for the want of a better word, I guess to
catch
the pollen. The flower has 6 petals in all, three tallish ones at the
back
and three small ones in the front which have mauve tips. The back ones
do
not and are 1cm at the widest part and the front ones are only 1/2cm at
the
widest part.

Thanks for looking.
--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

The foliage reminds me of Ixia.

Thanks for your post.

I have hundreds of Ixia in my garden and even thought the foliage looks
the same it isn't one.

I WILL find out what it is.

I am going to email the pics to Digger in Dromana.

Cheers,
Di

Perhaps a gladi!
http://www.google.com.au/images?q=gl...e&ved=0CBEQ_AU

What a clever person - thankyou,
I think you are on the right track - Gladiolus tristis.

As there are none flowering at the moment, I can't compare but my image and
the image on google are extremely close.

Thank you once again.

Di