Old 13-01-2011, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Rain, Rain, Rain

On Jan 12, 9:38*pm, "DiMa" wrote:
If you think that is heavy rain, have a look at the Queensland rainfall of
the last two weeks.

I believe the Australia wide drought has ended.

--
Di
I'm creative! *You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Well we are now into the first of 4 days of rain that has been
forecast for us here just outside Swansea,
Last night brought us 1 1/2 inches of rain and it's still p...ing
down.
They were forecasting 4 to 5 inches over 4 days but if it keeps this
up I can see us getting well over 6 inches.
David- Hide quoted text -

Well another wet day over with another 1 1/4 inches added, not as much
as forecast.
I was supprised to hear a thrush singing yesterday afternoon despite
the rain, and this morning we have quite a few birds starting to warm
up for the dawn chorus.
David Hill