Old 13-01-2011, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Rain, Rain, Rain

On 2011-01-13 09:38:52 +0000, Dave Hill said:

On Jan 12, 9:38 pm, "DiMa" wrote:
If you think that is heavy rain, have a look at the Queensland rainfall o

the last two weeks.

I believe the Australia wide drought has ended.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Well we are now into the first of 4 days of rain that has been
forecast for us here just outside Swansea,
Last night brought us 1 1/2 inches of rain and it's still p...ing
down.
They were forecasting 4 to 5 inches over 4 days but if it keeps this
up I can see us getting well over 6 inches.
David- Hide quoted text -

Well another wet day over with another 1 1/4 inches added, not as much
as forecast.
I was supprised to hear a thrush singing yesterday afternoon despite
the rain, and this morning we have quite a few birds starting to warm
up for the dawn chorus.
David Hill

It's much warmer here, though wet and gloomy. *However, the birds seem
quite flirtatious and so do the two squirrels I saw scampering up our
young mulberry tree this morning. *Two pairs of blackbirds were
slugging it out on the front lawn, too. *It's quite a large lawn so why
they have to try to forage and fight within 6' of each other, or less,
I do not know!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

Why will 2 women fight over one item in a sale when they are in a shop
full of clothes?