Old 14-01-2011, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Rain, Rain, Rain

On Jan 13, 7:44*pm, hugh ] wrote:
In message , Pam Moore
writes

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 06:31:28 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Well we are now into the first of 4 days of rain that has been
forecast for us here just outside Swansea,
Last night brought us 1 1/2 inches of rain and it's still p...ing
down.
They were forecasting 4 to 5 inches over 4 days but if it keeps this
up I can see us getting well over 6 inches.
David

We may bemoan the rain and lackof sunshine, but our reservoir, Chew
Valley Lake is very low, much lower than it has been for several years
even in so-called summer. *We do meed the rain here.
I think you have had more in S Wales, David.

Pam in Bristol

It's been a very dry year overall. We've been recording rainfall etc as
a hobby for the last 15 years and this is by far the driest.

United Utilities (AKA north West Water) are talking about hose pipe ban
shortly if the lakes and reservoirs don't fill up.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha- Hide quoted text -

In this part of Wales we realy do get more than our fair share of
rain, Swansea is the wetest city in the UK http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/water.php,
We are 400 ft above Swansea and get a lot more rain as the clouds are
lifted over us to over 1000 ft so we get a lot of extra rain
yesterday was just 0.95 inches.
When I first moved here we had around 60 inches a year then around 10
years ago we went up to 80 inches and have stayed around that ever
since.
David Hill