Old 14-01-2011, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Rain, Rain, Rain

"Pete" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
In this part of Wales we realy do get more than our fair share of
rain, Swansea is the wetest city in the UK
http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/water.php,
We are 400 ft above Swansea and get a lot more rain as the clouds are
lifted over us to over 1000 ft so we get a lot of extra rain
yesterday was just 0.95 inches.
When I first moved here we had around 60 inches a year then around 10
years ago we went up to 80 inches and have stayed around that ever
since.
David Hill

Which leads me nicely to my favourite hobby-horse.

There is more than enough rainwater catchment in the UK to satisfy demand.
We have a gas grid and a power grid - but very short- sightedly, no water
grid.

We have also not invested enough in additional water storage facilities.

Too expensive - some would argue, but I would disagree.

There will certainly come a time when surplus water will be economically
exportable.
Financial returns from this, would go someway towards recompensing the
grid costs.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Thought the same thing many many times.

And as more rain falls in the North than the South, pumping will not be
required as it is all downhill ;-}

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive