Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Default DIY CO2 Instructions?

Leigh, if you read this message, I think your posts are very
informative and your web page link is great-THANKS!

Thanks!

As for CO2...you'll find as many recipes for DIY CO2 as there are people who
use it. For a 60 g tank, you will probably want to run two bottles (staggered,
so one is reaching its peak while the other is petering out). And many people
prefer wine yeasts for steady, long-term CO2 production, as opposed to bread
yeast. Use large glass juice bottles instead of plastic soda bottles. They
are lower and heavier, and less liable to tip. I think most people use that
greenish silicon tubing. It leaks less than regular vinyl tubing. There's
also special CO2 tubing, but it's expensive and not commonly available.

A lot of people like the Nutrafin system's diffuser. If you want to buy it for
that, though, consider buying online. Pet Solutions has it for $19.99.

Leigh