Old 24-01-2011, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

"Baz" wrote in message ...

Dave Hill wrote in
:

More commoner words?
In my day when we were taught English that would have been "more
common words"
Commoner - A member of the common people

And this "Pete" fellow had the cheek to pull me up with my spelling!
Just as well it/he/she is in my plonk/killfile.
I bet these long winter nights are made shorter in its house because of the
spellbinding wit and bullish leadership it thinks it has.

Baz

"Commoner" ---- good word unless used in the wrong place as could be caused
by
imbibing excess Chardonnay -Soave mixture, late at night !
I truly forgot to test my colleagues on the meaning of the "g" word this
morning.

Regards
Pete
Nanneys Bridge (plant) Nursery