Old 24-01-2011, 11:15 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Chinese apples

atec77 wrote:
On 24/01/2011 11:05 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
atec77 wrote:
On 24/01/2011 6:47 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
atec77 wrote:
atec77 wrote:
SG1 wrote:
Just read the destroyer of Oz agriculture

why are they that?
they are not grown in decent soil and are contaminated by human
waste , bad chemicals are used and the certainly run the risk
iof importing disease which we have of sign of

How do you know this?

it's fact
if you want more google it

My position is that AQIS make these decisions based on available
evidence and on the whole do a good job in a difficult situation.
There are always competing interests in these cases and many would
like to use laws relating to keeping out plant disease (for
example) in place of tariff barriers to reduce overseas
competition. These are the barriers which our government is trying
to break down because they cost us more in the long run when
raised by other countries against our primary producers.

If you say that AQIS haven't made the right decision in this case
then show me the evidence. If you want me to accept what you say
then you make the argument, don't expect me to make it for you.

David
eat it I don't care , remember this decision came from a government
that blew billions on silly schemes and killed people in the process

What has this got to do with the importing of apples? Nothing really
it's just an anti government rant.

the apples /greatwall are low quality and taste like it
watch your tv as I am sure this subject will arise again

When did you eat these Chinese apples? What kind were they? In what
way were they bad?
yes I did

and they were dreadful the three times I tried them as mentioned

So you are telling us that within 10 days of these apples landing in
Australia you rushed out to try them. Apples which you believe

"they are not grown in decent soil and are contaminated by human waste, bad
chemicals "

Not once but three times. What a trooper you are subjecting yourself to
such pains on our behalf. But you don't know what kind they were or recall
where it was and you cannot say in what way they were bad.

I'll save you the trouble, you haven't actually eaten any apples that
could be identified as Chinese, instead you are having another
generalised rant.

you have no ****ing idea as always

David

No, I just like to have evidence instead of ranting and prejudice. If
people are going to report their experiences I think it fair that they
actually have those experiences.

David