Old 29-01-2011, 03:56 AM posted to sci.psychology.psychotherapy,alt.mythology,talk.religion.misc,alt.religion.druid,rec.gardens.roses
David Dalton David Dalton is offline

Default blue rose symbolism

In the pre-dawn hours of Sept. 6, 1991,, two days before new moon,
I had a vision of a glowing sky blue rose at night. This is described
in more detail on http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html in the
subsubpage http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/sunstare.html .

I personally link this blue rose to the blue planet Earth, or Gaia.

One meaning of the blue rose is the impossible, though these
days there are blue roses, but not glowing sky blue at night.

Do you know of any symbolism attached to the blue rose and
any instances of it in religious history and mythology?
Failing that, I am interested in symbolism and instances
in religious history, folklore and mythology of the rose
in general, not necessarily blue.

David