Old 30-01-2011, 07:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Chinese apples

David Hare-Scott wrote
atec77 wrote
David Hare-Scott wrote
atec77 wrote
David Hare-Scott wrote
SG1 wrote

Just read the destroyer of Oz agriculture

why are they that?

they are not grown in decent soil and are contaminated by human
waste , bad chemicals are used and the certainly run the risk iof
importing disease which we have of sign of

How do you know this?

it's fact

if you want more google it

My position is that AQIS make these decisions based on available evidence

They didnt in this case, they got monstered on that decision by the international system.

and on the whole do a good job in a difficult situation.

There are always competing interests in these cases and many would like to use laws relating to keeping out plant
disease (for example) in place of tariff barriers to reduce overseas competition.

Yes, and thats why the appeal against the original AQIS decision succeeded.

These are the barriers which our government is trying to break down because they cost us more in the long run when
raised by other countries against our primary producers.

That wasnt the reason in this case.

If you say that AQIS haven't made the right decision in this case then show me the evidence.

The evidence is that their original decision was not to allow the imports.

If you want me to accept what you say then you make the argument, don't expect me to make it for you.