Old 26-02-2003, 12:28 AM
zhanataya

Default power tiller: to get or not to get one

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:13:00 GMT, pgh
wrote:

I know this is subjective, but just to get a feeling for things,
could the experienced gardeners among you tell me how large should
your garden be in order to justify buying a powered tiller.

I have a bias toward simple things, but I figure at some point
doing things by hand is just too much.

Please, shower me with your opinions!

Age of the gardener is also a factor. 10 years ago I reveled in
turning the soil with a shovel and adding amendments. Now I have a
small tiller, so lightweight I can carry it around with one hand
without strain. Wouldn't give it up for nothing.

zhan