Old 26-02-2003, 12:28 AM
slackjeep

Default slug and snail control

(Zphysics1) wrote in message ...

I also use Sluggo in the beds, around plants I know the slugs love to
eat down to the ground. It works pretty well.

--Carolyn

What is 'sluggo'?
I use Cory's Snail Bait which claims that it can be used safely around
vegetables . My snow peas are being devastated by slugs. Interestingly enough,
they haven't attacked the newly planted roses. I am in a new place and am not
too familiar with garden denizens yet -- since I am starting a new garden from
scratch.

/z.
Los Angeles

i heard something about putting some beer in a shallow pan. my
father-in-law tried this and he swears it worked. not sure why, the
snails get drunk and forget where they were?? anyone hear of this?

Dorys