Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:38:52 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

aemeijers wrote:

And keeps them from digging up the neighbor's freshly planted
veggies and pooping in their spinach.

I have to put screens over the beds whenever I plant because of
neighbor's uncontrolled cats.

Better that than a smelly cat box (and yes, they ALL do smell- the
owners are just desensitized), and a cat that starts trashing
furniture and becoming crazy and/or obese from lack of stimulation
and exercise. And before you say it, I consider declawing to be
animal cruelty. How would you like the last joint of all your fingers
and toes cut off?
Sorry, 'indoor only' cats may live longer, but they aren't cats any
more. I could never do that to a sentient creature.

But you have no hesitation to do a number on your neighbors with your cats.

(1)
People who put house cats out can't possibly care about their pets any
more than people who put their five year olds out to play on the
freeway.

(2)
Domesticated cats are not ferral, they have very few outdoor
survival skills if any.

(3)
Most folks who are annoyed by their neighbors
pet cats will shoot them. .177 pellet guns make no noise and leave no
identifying traces.. more cats die from gun shot than from any other
cause.

(4)
Anyone who puts a house cat out because they think they are
harming a sentient creature by keeping it indoors is a pinhead with a
lower IQ than any cat.

(5)
And cats don't smell, not unless they are ill.
Exuding no odor is just one way how nature made felines one of the
best hunters on the planet, which is why they also bury their waste,
the only animal that does.

Naturally the lazy *******s that don't
regularly clean the cat box are who smell, not the cat. Humans
smell... and I'm positive if I ever visited your terlits I'd about die
from the stench.

God, where to begin?

(1) Citation other than your backside, please. Can you name a study
supporting this view?

(2) Learn spelling and meaning of word before you use it.
Feral (F-E-R-A-L): in a wild state, esp. after escape from captivity or
domestication : a feral cat. Domesticated cats are not feral by
definition.

(3) The leading causes of death in cats: Feline diabetes, AIDS, and
Kidney failure.

(4) People will let a cat out, because that is where the cat wants to be.
I'm sure with exercise, you could grow up to be a pin-head yourself.

(5) "Exuding no odor is just one way how nature made felines one of the
best hunters on the planet."- Citation please to support this statement.

Cats have scent glands along the tail, on each side of their head, on
their lips, base of their tail, chin, near their sex organs, and between
their front paws. They use these glands to scent mark their territory.
When the cat rubs you, he is marking you with his scent, claiming you as
"his." Too, he is picking up your scent. Cats rub up against furniture
or doorways for the same reason - to mark the item as "his". (Urine
spraying is also a territorial marking, by the way.)
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/whycat.htm

In feral cat colonies, subordinate cats cover their waste, while
dominant ferals leave it conspicuously uncovered. Most indoor cats bury
their waste, possibly to display subordination to their humans.
Sometimes in multi-cat households, however, the dominant cat will leave
waste uncovered to indicate his status.
Ibid

----

Shelly is our group's version of Ruppert Murdock's Fox News. The more
you listen to him, the less you know.
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."