Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Chinese apples

terryc wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:

You forgot "and your mother wears army boots"

Educate me as I don't see how mum's footwear is relevant.
Making a spelling mistake whilst critiscising someone's education is
traditional

It is an old schoolyard insult (you could have googled it for many hits)
that has little meaning. It is just as relevant as calling people ignorant
and illiterate, that is not at all.

To spell it out: when people in dispute run out of substance they sometimes
substitute content with meaningless insults. This is especially true on
usenet. You may imagine that it shows your fibre, that you are not going to
cave in to anyone and you aren't finished yet, it doesn't. It just shows
you have run out of ideas.