Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default Indoor plant lights

On 2/9/2011 5:55 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
Gz wrote:

I look around, most of the commercial stuff is for pot. Grass.

I am growing the other kind of grass, catnip, and peppers.

Or Aerogarden. I have one that I cycle through various herbs and
lettuce. When I tried it with peppers and tomatoes the plants grew
nicely but only produced a tiny number of fruit. No idea if it was for
lack of pollen in the air. It's a small but effective product for its
niche of small amounts of small plants. Great for flavoring soup in the
kitchen.

Got one for Christmas and am growing the herbs. Figure it will cost at
least twice as much for the electricity used as for the herbs obtained.
It is cute though and makes a nice decoration for the living room.