Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Does anyone have any edible fig tree cuttings to spare?

"Not Sure" wrote in message

Hello all,

I have been reading up on fig tree propagation and I would love to give
it a go, but I need some cuttings to do this. I am in South West London
and am happy to come and collect if not too far from there.

Apologies if this is not acceptable or correct - I read the abc's rules.
Also, I tried to post this request on my freecycle group but was denied,
so no joy there.

Take care.
--
Not Sure

I did some cuttings last year in October that all took, my book says late
summer, make sure you read up on correct timings for pruning once you have
one growing as that is the usual reason for non fruiting although a hard
late winter can also effect crops

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs