Old 20-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Cesium

Default All-Glass mini-compact fluorescents

If you are going for plants, might i suggest:
www.ahsupply.com
I just ordered a 2x13w kit with two bulbs, total cost with shipping: $32.
I'll soon have 26 watts on my 5 gallon tank.

As for the mini compact things, I highly doubt that they actually put out 50
watts in comparison to a power compact setup. I retrofitted an economy hood
for a 10g with bulbs from home depot just because they are brighter for
viewing, but I have yet to see any evidence that they would help with plant
growth.

If you aren't going for plants, just go to homedepot and buy a 6 pack of
something similiar to that bulb for around 8 bucks, they'll make the
aquarium brighter for viewing fish.
-Cesium

---