Old 24-02-2011, 06:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Soggy Grass

boomer356 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new and after some advice. I have a small shady yard and last year
in Oct I sowed some grass. Tha advice was not to cut it? It grew well
to my surprise but over the winter the snow and rain have flattened
it to a soggy mulch what should i do to revitalise it or is it too
late?
Thank you.

You could lightly raking it up with a leaf rake, allowing more air and sun to
get the the grass leaves, then mow it as soon as it dries up enough. Trying it
on part of the lawn might be an interesting experiment, so you would know in the
future.

I was told by a sod company here in the PNW that mowing short in the fall/winter
helps avoid disease.