Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Hallur Hallur is offline
Registered User

Hello Oskar and others

Growing apple trees in Iceland is geting more and more common. there are atleast two suppliers of trees I know of and probebly you can find more. One is natthagi and you can find info on him at

Ntthagi Garplntust, Garplntustin Ntthagi, Grrarstin Ntthagi, Garyrkjustin Ntthagi, Natthagi Nursery, tr, runnar, fjlr blm og sumarblm

I think the other one is in the west iceland I donīt have the detailed.

I am very interested in permaculture and other forms of agriculture, so I would be very interested to know if there are others out there that live in Iceland and have or are planing a garden or business.

Regards
Hallur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tove Posselt View Post
Hello and hi!

Thank you so much for your answer! Would be glad to recieve answers from more permaculturers, and have found an apple called "close", which is said to be durable - maybe even fit for iceland? As for appletrees already existing in Iceland, I've heard that the first appletree was planted in 1909! Don't know wich sort it was though, and if it survivied

-Tove