Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default 75 or 90 for planted?

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:41:29 -0500, "Bruce Geist"
wrote:

controler. Are you able to set your flow rate and let it go for a while
without fear, or do your really need to check it often during a day? How

I haven't looked at or adjusted the bubble rate in at least several
months.

long does it take you to get re-set after swapping out your CO2 cylinder?

I don't change the needle-valve or regulator setting when swapping out
the cylinder, so it doesn't take any time to get it re-set.

Every week or so, I check the pH, and I glance in the CO2 reactor. If
the pH is out of line, or if the amount of CO2 swirling around in the
reactor doesn't look right, I might tweak the needle valve slightly.

that little bit of a swing without a controller. I think the best I ever
did was about .5 swing, which I thought might start killing fish

A pH swing won't kill fish. Extremely high CO2 levels might, but a
small pH variation due to CO2 levels won't effect fish. The cases
where pH changes can hurt the fish are when the different pH is due to
different levels of hardness.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua