Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM
imarion imarion is offline
Registered User

Location: italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotkat View Post
I have it growing in a glass vase method but now roots are turning black I think the roots are rotting.

Is there anthing I can do?
Put the vanda orchid in a large wooden basket, fill and loosely cover with coarse bark or horticultural charcoal. Place the basket in a location that will allow room for the roots to hang loosely over the side of the basket.

Keep the orchid at a constant daytime temperature between 75 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit and a nighttime temperature between 65 and 75 degrees. Bring vanda orchids inside during any extremely hot or cold weather

Ensure vanda orchids receive full sunlight in the morning and evening but shade during the hottest hours of the day, usually between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. The leaves should be pale green in color. Darker shades indicate the orchid is receiving too much sunlight and should be placed in more shade

Use a spray bottle to lightly mist vanda orchids during weather with low humidity, or when located inside for winter. A humidifier can be used if the plant is going to be inside for long periods of time.

Feed vanda orchids once a month year-round. Use a high nitrogen 25-9-9 fertilizer to stimulate the growth of flowers. Always use a liquid fertilizer and follow the manufacturer's directions for proper application.