Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Cabomba cuttings rotting at the base

How many watts per gallon of light do you have. I tried transplanting some
to my small 15G platy breeder tank but the stalks went brown and started to
disintegrate in almost a week with 1w/G but it thrives in my 2.5W/G light
40G CO2 tank both UGF gravel. Perhaps minimising water current if possible
might help as well.

"Scott Taylor" wrote in message
u...
I have a large amount (approx 40 grouped in lots of 5 or 6) of Cabomba
cuttings in my 48" x 15" x 12" tropical freshwater aquarium which is
filtered by an UG filter and an 800lph Canister Filter. The tank also
recieves around 10-12 hours of light per day. My substrate is small gravel
and I regulary add plant fertilizer to the tank (generally after the

weekly
water change). My problem is that the Cabomba cuttings rot at the base

just
below the gravel and break off and float aorund the tank. The tank also
contains around 30 cuttings of Myriophyllum and 20 of Hygrophilia but they
don't rot like the Cabomba does. Every article I can find about Cabomba

says
that it is fine for gravel but none mention this problem I keep having.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and the best way to fix it? Its

just
getting annoying having to constantly replant those cuttings that keep
floating away!