Old 08-03-2011, 04:15 AM
coykiesaol coykiesaol is offline
Registered User

Default Top 5 or more hanging basket plants

Hi ALL

I know we all have our favourite plants for hanging baskets , but what works best for you and what variety performs best plus its getting to that time when we start planing.

Iam sure this would be helpful as I still strugle to pick a fushia that can last.

1. Surfina petunia , just go on and on all summer I go for the good old blue white purple , the fancy ones ie doubles just dont last as long I have found

2.Geranium, trailing normaly go for tom cat to trail and mexica tom , upright Tommy, think I have a theme going onBig Grin

3.Fushia, Marcus Graham & Cecile , seemed to do the best ??? up to now

4.Dishondra silver falls always looks good

5.Trailing nepeta (a must have )

16 inch baskets coir liner water tray in the bottom filled with swell gel and slow realeas fertiliser