Old 21-03-2011, 08:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Calcium supplements for tomatoes

Well, planting season is almost here. I am going to double my tomato crop
this year. I have ready access to oyster shells and crushed coral. How
good of a calcium supplement would these make? I grow in pots, 22 inch
pots - 1 plant per pot. I'd like to just mix in a large quantity of either
into my planting soil. I did pretty good last year using a liquid calcium
supplement but it was kind of expensive tedious. Hoping to do something
cheaper and easier this year.

Paul