Old 22-03-2011, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Calcium supplements for tomatoes

Paul M. Cook wrote:
Well, planting season is almost here. I am going to double my tomato crop
this year. I have ready access to oyster shells and crushed coral. How
good of a calcium supplement would these make?

both are fine as longer term amendments.

I grow in pots, 22 inch
pots - 1 plant per pot. I'd like to just mix in a large quantity of either
into my planting soil. I did pretty good last year using a liquid calcium
supplement but it was kind of expensive tedious. Hoping to do something
cheaper and easier this year.

IMO 22 inch pots are not big enough
for some varieties of tomatoes. the
rest of your troubles (with nutrients