Old 30-03-2011, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default On Microclimates

Doug Freyburger wrote:
Nad R wrote:

However, I do know that many people live with
contradictions and dilemmas in life. I am not one of them. My mind is more
of a hierarchal index. I refuse to live with contradictions.

Without biblical inerrancy there is no contradiction. There's a story
told by science, subject to revision as the art evolves. There's a
story told by mystics, subject to revision as the poetry and symbolism
evolves. One attempts literal truth but never gets there. One makes no
attempt at all of literal truth but rather poetic meaning.

I looked up yours,
http://www.religioustolerance.org/asatru.htm

Nice write up. Thanks for the pointer!

Creation Story: A poem Voluspa (Prophecy of the Seeress) contains an Ásatrú
story of the creation of the universe. Between Muspelheim (The Land of
Fire) and Niflheim the Land of Ice was an empty space called Ginnungigap.
The fire and ice moved towards each other; when they collided, the universe
came into being. Odin, Vili and Ve later created the world from the body of
a giant that they had slain.

It says - The universe came into existance as a part of natural
processes. Life is within the universe as a part of those natural
processes. The world was formed from existing material not something
from nothing creation.

Not that it matters because the story is poetic and symbolic not
literal.

Many
religious may believe that science and religion can coexist, but as an
atheist I reject this view.

I started my career working on the space program with real space
scientists. Most of them understood that science and religion can
coexist just fine. Some managed to do so with Christianity. I never
did get that part. So you can reject that science and religion can
coexist, but plenty of full time professional scientists do not.

It's been nice. Thanks for the discussion!

I guess, we will just have to agree that we do not agree.

Enjoy life Doug