Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Post Hole Digger And Dry Farming Tomatoes This Season

EVP MAN wrote:
Here in my area of PA, we get an average of 41" a year. I have read
that dry farming lends itself well to any area that gets 20" or more
precipitation yearly.

Rich

That rainfall seems rather on the high side of dry land farming, I would
expect that if you can save water for dry spells and mulch heavily in summer
you wouldn't have to take any special measures. My rainfall is not much
more than that (about 46" PA) and the district was used for dairying and I
can run very high stocking rates for horses. Why are you going to this
trouble?

David