Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Post Hole Digger And Dry Farming Tomatoes This Season

On Apr 9, 12:52*pm, (EVP MAN) wrote:
My entire garden is dug down to at least 10 to 12 inches. *I use a
Mantis tiller to work up the soil. *The extra depth down another foot is
where each plant will go. *I figure it won't hurt to have nice lose soil
to that depth. *And yes, *dry farming does produce fruit with more BER
from what I understand. *

Rich

OK, good to know. I was assuming you actually meant: " I'll simply
use a post hole digger and dig down about two and a half foot deep
where each plant will be placed. "