Old 20-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Algae removal- SAEs, otos, or plecos?

Dave M. Picklyk wrote:
What's a good combination for algae removal? I have a 15 gal tank with three
otocinclus. Every week I barely have to clean the glass.

snip
around and pretend to clean algae. Are SAEs totally non-agressive like otos
are? For a 15 gal tank, do they stay nice and small like otos? I don't like

SAEs are non aggresive, but they get too large for your tank size.

Right now I have 3 otocinclus, 2 bronze cats, and a betta. I have ordered 5
dwarf neon rainbows from a breeder and they will be added in the next month
or so. Any room for more fish ??

I'm afraid you've reached the limit for your tank. You could try getting some
amano shrimp, they eat the same type of algae SAEs do.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv