Old 15-04-2011, 11:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Electric mower battery

Got a dumb question.... I have an electric mower that uses two 12V lead acid batteries wired in series to give 24V. The batteries are marked 18Ah. Cost is around $100 for one 12v, or $140 for 2 in series, including shipping.

For the same money or less, I can get two std 12v car batteries and end up with more amp hours to boot, which would be good for a mower. Heavier to push around, but that's not a problem.

I don't know nuthin about how amp-hours work - reckon this would be a good idea? Anyone had experience with this kind of thing before?

Bob