Old 17-04-2011, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default What is the best way to support tomatoes?

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:13:15 +0100, Malcolm
wrote:

Am I missing something here? I just push my canes into the soil and they
then don't need tying to anything.

If you have a good depth of soil in your greenhouse, fine, but if like
me you are growing out of grow bags, canes need support.
But that's no real problem, string works well, but its growing outdoor
tomatoes, where any passing hurricane brings the whole lot down that
needs a radical rethink on the 'wigwam'
Maybe its the newer varieties that produce so much more fruit and so
need better support?