Old 22-04-2011, 08:01 AM
BigIan's Avatar
BigIan BigIan is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by basserman View Post

As far as plants, I'm sticking to low light plants because I can only
fit an 8W bulb in the 12" fixture that came with the eclipse unit.
Java Ferns, Crypts (red wentii), and anubais.

For the plants you`ve mentioned there really isn`t any issue with what light you have, i`ve had all these plants grow well in unlit breeding tanks.

You won`t see the plant pearling but these plants are incredibly hardy and undemanding, I would possibly consider some root ferts for the crypts and maybe for the water column. but don`t worry about that too much.