Old 20-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Prakash

Default How do I get fine leaved plants to grow ?

LeighMo,
The tank dimensions are 120cm * 40 cm * 40 cm. The plants seem to grow
allright - except they break off at the base. I tried bunching a few
together and wrapping some plant wight round the base before pushing it into
the sand - a few weeks later the separate stems started floating off,
leaving the plant weight where it was

I add some Nutrafin plant feed once every 15-20 days. Is that sufficient ?
Cheers,
Prakash.

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I've got 80 watts of light

I think Bob's right; that may not be enough light. You have a US 50

gallon
tank. So you have only 1.6 watts per gallon. That is on the low side for

your
average fine-leaved stem plant.

It might help to plant the stems directly under the lights, well-seperated

so
that the light can get down to the bottoms of the plants. If that doesn't
work, let the plants float, and get some plants that do better in low

light to
plant in the substrate. (Hygrophila will probably be okay with this

lighting.)

What are the dimensions of your tank, BTW?

Leigh