View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  
Old 26-04-2011, 10:12 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by red406 View Post
how best do you answer someone who ask the following:

1. why they should get into a planted aquarium/natural aquarium thing?
Simply do it if it interests you. Its a massive investement in time and money, if you just think it looks nice. there is alot to research and alot of trial and error to go through before you get really beautifull looking tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red406 View Post
2. what are the benefits? aesthetics? stress reliever? add on...
As for benifits? a tank is generally a LARGE piece of furniture in your house, that costs alot of money and needs looking after, so you may aswell make it look like a beautifull living picture that is constantly changing and evolving.
Personally i enjoy the learning curve assosiated with all this i`ve been doing it for 6-7 years now and i still enjoy learning and trying new things.and thats where a big part of my enjoyment of a planted tank comes from.

As for stress relief its better for a fishes stress levels as they are more hiding places and such like in a planted tank, however i find that running a planted tank is quite stressfull, either things are going too well and the plants are growing in ways you never wanted them too and your having to prune every day or you have massive ammounts of alage to deal with, finding that tiny pivot point between is very hard but when you do find it, its awesome.