Old 27-04-2011, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default how to grow my small orchid plant?

On Apr 26, 2:23*am, foam wrote:
I received a gift yesterday. Samurai 'Warrior' orchid the tag said
Proprietary Variety.
It is in a glazed ceramic pot, with soil and green moss covering it, and
in the holes on the side of this pot.

How do I take care of it. Is it indeed an orchid that grows on the
ground?

I want this orchid to thrive, it has beautiful flowers and their
fragance is wonderful and was a gift from a very special friend.

Please help, any information, suggestions and comments will be greatly
appreciated.

--
foam

Is this what your plant looks like?
http://www.maunakeaorchids.com/Root/...i-Warrior.html

If so its a type of Oncidium, so if you want to google oncidium you
might get some information. The full name for your orchids is
Bakerara Samurai 'Warrior' - Bakerara being a blend of 4 different
oncidiums.

Generally these will like bright indirect light, evenly moist, not
sodden. Keep out of drafts. They like the humidity and temperatures
one finds in a home or office. In winter I let tjhem get a little
drier, but again not getting completly dry. Feed them whatever you
feed any of your other plants, just at half strength.

K Barrett