Old 29-04-2011, 02:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Little Purple Flowers In Lawn

(EVP MAN) writes:

Why......... Because soon I won't have any grass. All of a sudden these
violets are taking over the whole front lawn. There are thousands of
them out there! Hand pulling these would be next to impossible!

Don't bother explaining why.
This happens every time the discussion of any weed comes up.

Last time around the consensus was that Weed-B-Gone has some effect.
Apply it now.

Maybe I weakened the suckers with the Weed-B-Gone but I really think
hand pulling is the best you can do. Of course anything you can do
to thicken the lawn is good too.

This year those damn shotweeds are going crazy.
I'm trying to get to them before it's too late.