Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default newbie needs to learn about plants

"chet" chet-at-surewestDOTnet wrote:

I think that is what some have referred to as "pearling", and that
this is a positive indicator?

So I've read. Never yet seen it for myself, unfortunately. I'm hoping
that my current efforts at bringing down the pH (using peat granules)
coupled with doubling my DIY CO2 input (extra pop bottle) will help
improve that situation.

I don't even qualify as a novice in planted tanks. However, I have been
avidly lurking on this list.

Pretty much the same spot I'm in then. Reading everything, and
scrambling to apply what I'm learning.

I have a quick hack URL with the specific plants in my 29G goldfish
aquarium. http://home.surewest.net/chet/aquariumplants.htm.

Again similar to what I'm doing. As I become interested in various
species (just fish, so far) I've been collecting information about
them and adding them to my site. Not that I'm expecting to be a big
online fish information resource, but webbing the information
encourages me to be consistent, at least. I'm of German descent. I
like consistency.

This picture was taken two days after receiving the plants via FedEx.

I wish I had taken pictures. The plants I recently bought online were
gorgeous, but arrived with ice in the box (too long on a FedEx dock).
Two of them (a Red Wendtii Crypt and an Anubias Barteri) have
purchased farmland. I've left the potted portions in the tank in the
hope that the roots weren't killed and that the plants may yet
recover.

I guess you could call me a new fan.

Nice to have another non-expert around

--