Old 29-04-2011, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default to till or not to till?

Ted Shoemaker wrote:
On Apr 29, 8:46 am, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

If you applied a defolient (WTF did you do such a moronic thing)

I applied a grass killer. I did such a moronic thing because I wanted
to replace a little patch of grass with flowers. Otherwise, I'd have
grass growing in the middle of the flower garden.

If you have a better way, please tell.

Ted Shoemaker

Hmmm... The first posting I think you stated, stated something like
stating... PLANT KILLER, now it is grass killer. Big difference in my
thinking. See grass is a monocot and flowers are dicots. Most weed killers
are designed to kill dicots only and not monocots. Grass killers go after
monocots only, single blade plants like grass and not flowers. Toxins like
Total Killers and Plant killers kill both dicots and monocots.

Because my initial thinking was it takes a minimum of three weeks for total
or plant killers to somewhat go away. The seven day thing kinda had me
wondering. So a grass only killer may not harm the flower seeds at all.
Make sense?

I also had a good nights sleep and grateful that stupid wedding is over
with. Why don't people just go to Vegas and get it over with. Certainly
cheaper. Those Royal Lipless wonders.