Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave

Default DIY co2 question

"Rick" empowered us with this mighty blow against
the Patriarchy:

"Dave" wrote in message
"Rick" empowered us with this mighty blow against
It sounds like you might have a large tank, given that you're using
two

one-gallon jugs for CO2 generation. It's possible you may need to
use two of those diffusers instead of one ... the amount of CO2
generated may overwhelm only one diffuser.

the tank is a 77g which is the size of the tank the guy who gave it to
me had the two bottles hooked up to. He ran it into a powerhead
though. He also gave me a simple set up for a 2 litre bottle so I'll
try the Hagen diffuser and if it seems to overwhelm that system I'll
use it in my 33g planted tank.

Or you might want to try using two Hagen diffusers. In a 77gal tank, you
could very easily hide them. :-)